T400® TECHNOLOGY BY LYCRA®
T400® technology by LYCRA® brand delivers excellent performance and aesthetics in applications that require low to moderate stretch. It is based on LYCRA® T400® fiber, a multi-component yarn in which different polymers are joined together within each filament. When exposed to heat, each polymer shrinks to a different degree, producing a smooth helical crimp. Because the crimp is not mechanically induced, LYCRA® T400® fiber gives greater, more durable stretch and recovery, and a softer, smoother hand than textured yarns that are used for stretch. The unique structure of LYCRA® T400® fiber also provides the added benefit of good moisture management to help wearers feel cool and dry.
T400® technology can be applied to just about any fabric that currently uses textured yarns. Applications include denims, jobwear, shirtings and other lightweight wovens, circular knits, and socks.
- Bi-component fiber for comfort stretch fabrics
- Low fabric growth and shrinkage for long lasting shape retention
- Excellent resistance to chemicals, including chlorine bleach
- Moisture management fiber
- Disperse-dyeable, bi-component fiber for low-to-moderate stretch
- Greater and more durable stretch than textured yarns.